1. The Digital TV 2018 Lucky Draw (hereinafter referred to as the "Draw") is
organised by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Mediacorp"). These
Terms and Conditions shall apply to all stages of the Draw.
2. All participants of the Draw must follow the procedures provided to them,
including all instructions set out herein this website, over the air or by any
publicity materials provided by Mediacorp at any time and from time to time,
including all instructions shown on screen during the programmes (hereinafter
referred to as the "Programs") or otherwise.
3. The Draw is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Singapore with a NRIC
number, who are 18 years old and above as of the date of participation. All
participants below 18 years of age are required to obtain their parent's /
guardian's consent before they participate in the Draw and shall provide the
particulars of their parent(s) / guardian(s) to Mediacorp as and when required
and/or requested by Mediacorp. The participant(s) warrant to Mediacorp that they
have the legal capacity to participate in the Draw in accordance with these Terms
4. Subject expressly to the other Terms and Conditions herein, individuals are
eligible to participate in the Draw if:
- they purchase or redeem a minimum of one UHF active antenna;
- their purchase is made from any registered company within Singapore; or
- redemption of equipment with the IMDA DTV Starter Kit letter (if applicable) is
done at any participating electronics retail store within Singapore or with the
IMDA's appointed vendor, M1 Limited;
- the receipt reflecting the purchase or redemption is dated between 6 April 2018
and 31 August 2018, inclusive;
- submission is done on the Digital TV website at www.digitaltv.sg
and a clear photo of the receipt with details of purchase or in-store redemption
is uploaded to the website; or
- they opt in to be automatically enrolled in the Draw via redemption with the
IMDA's appointed vendor, M1 Limited; and
- they are a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore with a NRIC number.
5. The Draw will take place from June 2018 and end in September 2018. Winners will be
announced in the middle of each Draw month.
6. Mediacorp will endeavour to hold the Draw on and at the advertised date, time and
venue and by the mode (manually or electronically) as advertised, but reserves the
right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct the Draw by another mode in
such circumstances as Mediacorp may deem appropriate.
7. Winners of the Draw will be announced on the Digital TV website at www.digitaltv.sg,
and will be contacted on the phone number submitted in the online entry form or
through the IMDA DTV Starter Kit redemption.
8. Winners are required to head down to 71 Robinson Rd, 068895 with their
NRIC/Passport/Identification number to claim their prizes.
9. Mediacorp reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to
substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes offered without notice to
10. Upon collection of prizes winners are required to provide their full particulars,
including their full NRIC/Passport/Identification number for the purposes of
verification and audit. All prizes which are not won or remain unclaimed after two
(2) months of the announcement of the winners will be forfeited.
11. Mediacorp's decision at all stages of the Draw is final. No enquiries, appeals,
verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall accept and abide by
any and all decisions made by Mediacorp concerning, without limitation, these terms
and conditions, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Draw, the award of
prizes and any other matters relating to the Draw.
12. Each participant hereby expressly and irrevocably consents to, and grants to
Mediacorp, its principals, agents, representatives, successors and/or assigns the
right to use the participant's particulars in any manner as Mediacorp shall see fit.
In particular, Mediacorp shall have the right to contact and/or mail the participant
(whether electronically or otherwise) at any time with information and/or mailers
containing customer service, business, marketing, advertising and/or promotional
information of any kind, whether or not related to Mediacorp's programmes, contests,
promotions and/or activities, and Mediacorp shall additionally have the right to
disclose, transfer, assign, licence, sell or grant to any third parties (including
its affiliates), all or any portion of the participant's particulars for any
13. Each participant irrevocably releases Mediacorp from and against any and all
claims, suits, liabilities, or damages which such person may have in connection with
his or her particulars or information, being (i) used by Mediacorp (or any third
party which Mediacorp has released the particulars/information to) in any manner or
format; or (ii) disclosed or otherwise provided by Mediacorp to any third party as
14. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Draw: (a)
employee(s) of any company in the Mediacorp Group and close relations of such
employee(s), and (b) employee(s) of any partners, sponsors and agencies (including,
without limitation, any external auditor(s) and advertising agencies) who are
involved in organising the Draw. [Each participant shall only be entitled to one
entry per receipt and each winning participant shall only be entitled to one prize.
Any duplicate submissions will be automatically disqualified from the Draw.] Any
previous winners will not be entitled to enter or participate in the Draw again.
15. Each participant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as
requested in the Draw, by Mediacorp or otherwise. Any misrepresentation of any fact
or particulars (deemed material by Mediacorp) shall result in disqualification
and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclamation of any cash and/or
prize won. The participants irrevocably grant Mediacorp the right to use such
particulars in any manner as Mediacorp may deem fit.
16. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by
Mediacorp for the following purposes:
- For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide
goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it
with information from other sources and using the information to communicate
- For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
- To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and
advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp's goods and services and those of
third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
- To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or
directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or
for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you:
- consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your
personal data for the purposes as described in Clause above;
- consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to
Mediacorp's third party service providers or agents for the purposes as
described in Clause above.
If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp's collection, use and disclosure of
your personal data, please contact Mediacorp's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. The participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Mediacorp, speak
to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the
Draw. The participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to
Mediacorp and/or any company in the Mediacorp Group to any other party.
18. Mediacorp reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list
of prizes offered. All prizes won by the participant shall not be transferable nor
exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
19. Mediacorp, as organiser, does not undertake any responsibility to ensure that
prizes will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. No
agreement shall arise or be constituted, and no obligation will be incurred by
Mediacorp or by its related/affiliated companies, officers and/or agents by reason
of the participant(s)' participation in the Draw or by reason of anything done or
omitted to be done by the participant(s) as a result of or on account of the Draw.
Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs
and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from
any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by
Mediacorp or any sponsor, the prize or make good on any promise or offer to the
20. The Draw as broadcast, publicized, promoted or marketed on the Programs or
otherwise shall be deemed and construed as an invitation to treat and the
participant's offer to participate in the Draw shall not be deemed accepted unless
and until confirmed by Mediacorp by return reply to the participant through the Draw
participation media of Mediacorp's acceptance of the participant's participation.
Mediacorp further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever,
to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend, end, stop or in any other way cease the
Draw at any time without prior notice.
21. Each participant shall bear each of their own costs and expenses incurred and/or
arising from their participation in the Draw, including (without limitation),
equipment, telecommunications, network, SMS and all such other charges and
out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred by each participant during or in
connection with the Draw and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
22. By participating in the Draw, the participant agrees to take part in any and all
marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp arising
or with respect to the Draw and the participant irrevocably and unconditionally
grants to Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to record and
use the participant(s)' performance, appearance, likeness and/or particulars as the
case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as Mediacorp
shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The participant acknowledges that Mediacorp
shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp,
including without limitation the information on the Draw submission, telephone call,
telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any),
for the promotion and publicity of the Draw. The participant hereby expressly waives
any and all rights which the participant may acquire or have under the provisions of
the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore (and any subsequent enactment or
amendments thereto) and any other moral rights which the participant(s) may have or
be entitled under any such legislation now existing or in the future enacted in any
part of the world.
23. The selection of winners at each stage of the Draw shall be at Mediacorp's sole
and absolute discretion and Mediacorp's decision at all stages of the Draw is final.
No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants
shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by Mediacorp concerning,
without limitation, the rules of the participation, the rules, procedures and
regulations of the Draw, interviews with the participants (if any), the award of
prizes and any other matters relating to the Draw including the production
24. As and when required by Mediacorp or otherwise, the participant shall produce his
passport or identification card for verification purposes.
25. In the event that the Draw requires, entails and/or calls for the participant to
submit any entries (whether in a tangible and/or intangible form) and/or to
contribute and/or record any performance by the participant (the "Entry"), the
participant hereby agrees that the ownership of the Entry and any and all
intellectual property rights (if applicable) in and to the Entry shall vest and
belong to Mediacorp solely and absolutely. In the event that the Entry is of an
intangible nature, the participant shall ensure and procure that all necessary and
applicable rights, clearances, licenses, waivers and/or assignments relating to,
arising from and/or pursuant to the Entry are obtained for the purposes herein. The
participant hereby waives any moral rights and the right to object to any derogatory
treatment of the participant's Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, unless expressly
permitted by Mediacorp at its sole and absolute discretion, Mediacorp shall not be
obliged to, and the participant shall not be entitled to a, return of the Entry.
26. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions shall
immediately disqualify the participant from further participation at any stage of
the Draw, and any cash and prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
27. Mediacorp reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions
and the Draw without prior notice to any participant. Mediacorp further reserves the
right, without any liability to any participant(s), to disqualify any participant(s)
from the Draw at any time at its discretion.
28. Mediacorp shall be under no liability whatsoever to the participant(s) or the
participant(s)' personal representatives, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by
the participant(s) arising from or pursuant to the Draw or for any loss, damage or
injury to life or property sustained by the participant(s) at any stage of the Draw
and during production thereof, unless such loss, damage or injury is caused by
Mediacorp's gross and willful negligence.
29. The participant shall indemnify and keep Mediacorp and its related/affiliated
companies, officers, agents and employees ("the Indemnified Parties") fully
indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal
costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified
Parties as a result of the participant's breach of any of these Terms and
30. By his/her participation, the participant accepts to be bound by these Terms and
31. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
32. No third party shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party)
Act of the Republic of Singapore.